3 Things You Need to Know About
CMS/MIPPA Accreditation Requirements
1. Who needs to be accredited?
The Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA) calls for all providers of CT, MRI, breast MRI, nuclear medicine, and PET exams that bill under Part B of the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule to be accredited by Jan 1, 2012, in order to receive payment for the technical component of these services. Currently, the CMS/MIPPA mandates apply to private outpatient facilities only, NOT to hospitals.
2. What are the basic areas of CMS requirements?
* Image quality
* Equipment performance
* Safety standards for staff & patients
* Quality assurance & quality control
Reimbursements will only be made if a provider is fully accredited by one of the 3 CMS designated accreditation organizations: The American College of Radiology, Intersocietal Accreditation Commission, and The Joint Commission.
3. Hit it Out of the Park! MSKIC can help you make your MIPPA accreditation or renewal process successful. Join our winning team today- it’s approaching the Bottom of the Ninth Inning- Make MSKIC your Designated Hitter today!