SUPERVISING PHYSICIAN REQUIREMENTS
• Board certification in radiology or diagnostic radiology by:
• American Board of Radioloy,
• American Osteopathic Board of Radiology,
• Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or
• Le College des Medicins du Quebec, and
• Supervision, interpretation and/or review and reporting of 300 MRI examinations within the last 36 months.
• Completion of an accredited diagnostic radiology residency program, and
• Performance, interpretation, and reporting of 500 MRI examinations in the past 36 months.
Upon renewal, physicians reading MRI across multiple organ systems must have read 200 exams over the prior 36 months.
For physicians reading organ system specific exams (i.e., body, abdominal, musculoskeletal, head) across multiple modalities they must read a minimum of 60 organ system specific MRI exams in 36 months. However, they must read a total of 200 cross-sectional imaging (MRI, CT, PET/CT and ultrasound) studies over the prior 36 months.
Upon renewal, physicians must have earned at least 15 CME in MRI (half of which must be category 1) hours in the prior 36-month period.